Loved everything...

Loved everything...

Monday 1 December 2014

Nigerian youths and its future!!!





I was in a gathering of youths sometime this year when a man in his 50’s was addressing us, he made a statement that turns me on, he said “I know my generation has failed Nigeria, but I believe in your generation to restore and rebuild this nation”.

The question that came to my mind was that in the next 50 to 60 years wont I be making the same statement. I decided that I won’t make the statement even in 100 years to come, because I also believe in my generation. 

Some weeks later I was in my Place of Primary Assignment (PPA), where I served as a youth corp member, when I overheard a conversation going on among the so called Nigerian Youths serving their Father land.

A lady spoke and said “Even if my children are as brilliant as Isaac Newton, they must write there exams in Special centers” all because she did her WAEC three times before making the required 5 credit.

A guy also contributed and said “Nigeria is a fertile land flowing with milk and honey, and it will be better to get your milk and honey directly from the source” I asked him, where is the source? He replied “Any political post in Nigeria is the source, our leaders fourth generation can never be poor again, so I will go there and build wealth for myself and my generations, chop and go

Come to think of it, the truth is our leaders are serving themselves and their generation, building wealth and fame, buying landed properties in Dubai, private jet and sending their wards abroad to study with a guaranteed job when they come back in the pool of unemployment that have swallowed Nigerian graduate.

But, I BELIEVE in a better Nigeria, where Nigerian youths will not only believe in their potential, but actualize their potential, build a better character in the midst of this moral decadence that has enveloped our nation and stand for integrity in the place of building wealth.

Nigerian youths must not only understand and implement the principles of leadership but also make a commitment to become established in character, adhering to a strong code of ethics. Then we must continually grow in the development of our character, so that we can have a positive and lasting impact on our generation and generations to come.

WHAT WILL BE THE FUTURE OF OUR NATION? WATCH OUT FOR “TURN NIGERIA ON, SEASON 1”  


A platform where we meet successful leaders in the various part of our nation’s economy………

A platform where we build reputable leaders and maximize individual potential………


Please share and comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment